Careers & Vacancies
Job Vacancies available at RDM
For all other job vacancy enquiries, please contact:
What we look for
What we offer
We also support every member of our team to continue to learn and develop their skills, and you’ll be part of a committed team working in an exciting and highly rewarding environment.
Current Available Job Vacancies
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion and a desire to contribute to the positive reputation of our business, we would love to hear from you.
Key duties of the administrator will include (but not be limited to):
- Handle inbound contact, consisting of on-premises visitors, telephone calls and e-mail correspondence.
- Processing of incoming/outgoing mail and coordination of deliveries – accept and distribute internally to the intended recipient.
- Process switchboard telephone enquiries and following up on business communications.
- General administrative duties such as: preparation of documents, printing, copying, binding and filing duties (both electronic and paper).
- Providing general cross office support to employees and business managers.
- Handle petty cash, postage and sundries.
- Management of stationery and other sundry materials.
- Making travel arrangements for staff and visitors as required e.g. hotel reservations, train tickets, parking arrangements etc.
- Management of staff uniform and PPE – ordering and logging against existing and new user records.
- Management of business fleet – including general administration, driver logs, fuel cards and insurance.
- Undertake waste management and recycling duties.
- Management of business telephone systems (mobile, landline and broadband) – general administration, record keeping and maintain directories.
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Keep up to date with current procedures and practices.
As an Administrator, you should ideally be able to demonstrate a relevant background in a similar office-based role, and display the following skills and attributes:
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and an attention to detail.
- Pleasant and confident phone manner.
- Excellent written/typed communications and note keeping.
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workloads to aid productivity and work to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Be flexible, honest and respectful.
- Ability to input data into systems.
- Excellent IT skills including working within a Windows environment and use of Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt to working in multiple software applications.
Please note: due to our work in the defence sector, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a security vetting process.
Key Information and Benefits
For the successful candidate, we are offering:
- Available for immediate start
- Contract type: Full time, permanent
- Salary: £21,300.00 per annum
- Hours of work: 40hrs per week Monday – Friday (08:00 – 17:00)
- Holiday allowance: 22 days + 8 bank holidays (total 30 days)
To apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the online form below.
Part of the wider Raven Delta group of companies, RDM Electrical and Mechanical services operates in the building services engineering sector, offering contracting and facilities management services to its clients.
We have gained our renowned reputation over the last 30+ years and pride ourselves on our key values of quality, dedication and innovation, as well as our commitment to completing all projects in the most time-and-cost-efficient way possible, without lowering any of our very high standards.