We’re hiring: Mechanical Estimator
RDM Electrical and Mechanical Services is seeking a Mechanical Estimator.
Here at RDM, we have an opening for a mechanical estimator to join our growing organisation on a permanent contract basis, located at our Swansea office.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion and desire to contribute to the positive reputation of our business, we would love to hear from you.
Job Title – Mechanical Estimator
Salary & Benefits – TBA dependent on experience
Contract Hours – 08:00 – 17:00 (42.5 hours) Mon-Fri
Holiday allowance – 25 days + 8 bank holidays (total 33 days)
Permanent/Temporary/Fixed Term – Permanent/Full time
Work Location – Phoenix House, Llansamlet, Swansea
About the role
The role will entail working as part of the wider team to undertake estimates ranging in value up to £5,000,000.00, with a mix of traditional and Design & Build projects. The role will include works relating to all mechanical and public health systems.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Receive, log and create Estimates/Tenders from new enquiries
- Review and analysis of all relevant documentation
- Obtain supplier and subcontract quotations for all mechanical disciplines.
- Reviewing drawings specifications to determine cost estimates based on materials, labour costs, preliminary and overhead expenses, and profit margins
- Liaising with clients and other members of the team to answer questions about materials or design changes
- Identifying potential problems with materials or design that could affect costs or construction timeframes
- Forecasting labour costs by calculating the number of workers needed to complete the job based on their hourly rate and working hours per week
- Creating detailed estimates using computer software programs designed specifically for estimating construction costs
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
The candidate will require the following personal skills:
- A sound technical knowledge of all Mechanical systems i.e. LTHW, DWS, Gas, AGD, Ventilation, BMS, Ait Conditioning etc.
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Good numeracy
- Attention to detail
- A methodical approach to work
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking, relationship-building and influencing skills
- Excellent communication
- Organisation and time management
- Problem solving
Qualifications & Experience
A background in mechanical engineering and a minimum of 2 years experienced in an estimating capacity.
**Please note, due to our work in the defence sector, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a security vetting process.**
Part of the wider Raven Delta group of companies, RDM Electrical and Mechanical services operates in the building services engineering sector, offering contracting and facilities management services to its clients.
We have gained our renowned reputation over the last 34+ years and pride ourselves on our key values of quality, dedication and innovation, as well as our commitment to completing all projects in the most time-and-cost-efficient way possible, without lowering any of our very high standards.
What you need to do next
If you're interested and would like to find out more about this role, click the ‘link’, fill in your details on the form and attache your CV, and one of our team will contact you for a confidential discussion and explain the next steps.