We’re hiring: Estimating Administrator
RDM Electrical and Mechanical Services is looking for an Estimating Administrator.
Due to the growth and expansion of the organisation a brand-new Estimating Administrator position has been created to help the company tender and deliver on a vast range of exciting projects. Full training and guidance is provided which makes this an excellent opportunity for someone at the start of their career.
Job Title – Estimating Administrator
Salary & Benefits – £22,360.00 (£10.75 p/h)
Contract Hours – 40 hours
Holiday allowance – 25 days + 8 bank holidays (total 33 days)
Permanent/Temporary/Fixed Term – Permanent/Full time
Work Location – Phoenix House, Llansamlet, Swansea
About the role
As an Estimating Administrator you will work within and support a multidisciplinary team of professional, technical, and other support staff to assist support with the estimating of electrical and mechanical services of a broad range of complex projects.
Key duties of the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Monitoring of enquiries inbox
- Logging of new enquiries – inclusive of updating estimate register, filing of project documentation, completion of document related trackers
- Management of tender information – incoming/outgoing documentation
- Managing document revisions & associated filing
- Liaising with estimating team
- Coordination of enquiries – issue & follow up with suppliers & subcontractors
- Tracking of project data such as programme dates, durations, number of tenderers etc.
- Drafting of tender documents – proposals, RFI’s etc.
- Take offs
- Setting up projects in estimating software inclusive of section breakdowns
- Printing project documentation & associated activities
- Control of estimating processes – ongoing review and improvement in line with estimating team.
- The production of schedules & reports
- Assisting the estimating team with market research of products and systems
- Close communication with all departments to ensure full coordination
- Completion of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQs)
- Management of company documentation process?
- Management of quality assurance processes and accreditations
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
As an Estimating Assistant / Document Controller, you should ideally be able to display the following skills and attributes:
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail
- Pleasant and confident phone manner
- Excellent written/typed communications and note keeping.
- Demonstrate initiative
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workloads to aid productivity and work to work to deadlines
- Ability to work both in a team and independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Flexible, honest, and respectful
- Excellent IT skills including working within a Windows environment and use of Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc
- Ability to learn and adapt with working in multiple software applications.
- Bring motivation, enthusiasm & positivity for the subject
- Prepared to learn and be taught building services and renewable technologies
- GCSE / A Level (or equivalent) in core subjects – IT/Science/Maths/English
Non essential, as full training and support will be provided.
RDM develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
- Competitive salary
- Annual leave
- Company Pension
- Training and development package
- Long term career progression
RDM Electrical and Mechanical Services was originally set up as RDM Electrical Services Limited in 1988. It is now part of the wider Raven Delta Group – an innovative, high quality, multi-faceted group of companies which also includes EFT Consult and DRS FM Services – providing full building and mechanical services solutions from design through to maintenance.
Our work spans a wide and diverse range of projects, from Grade I listed refurbishments of landmark buildings to multi-million-pound design and builds and work in specialist environments in the defence industry.
Our people are essential in helping us achieve our goals and we are proud to have built a loyal team of over two hundred personnel who share our core values and continuously strive to deliver exceptional outcomes for clients.
What you need to do next
If you're interested and would like to find out more about this role, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and contact details and one of our team will contact you for a confidential discussion and explain the next steps.
Please note, due to our work in the defence sector, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a security vetting process.