We’re hiring: Junior Administrator
RDM Electrical and Mechanical Services is seeking a Junior Administrator.
Due to the growth and expansion of the organisation, a brand-new Junior Administrator position has been created to help the company deliver on a vast range of exciting projects. The position will include a one-year apprenticeship-style training programme in Business and Administration. Full training and guidance will be provided, including at least two formal qualifications: a BTEC Technical Certificate in Business Administration and a Certificate in Business. There will also be opportunities for further continuing professional development, which makes this an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for a rewarding career, not just a job.
Job Title – Junior Administrator
Salary & Benefits – £7.49 p/h
Contract Hours – 37.5 hours (Mon-Fri)
Holiday allowance – 25 days + 8 bank holidays (total 33 days)
Permanent/Temporary/Fixed Term – Permanent/Full time
Work Location – Phoenix House, Llansamlet, Swansea
About the role
As a Junior Administrator, you will work within and support a multidisciplinary team of professional, technical, and other support staff to assist with administration of business operations.
To begin, key duties of the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Handle inbound contact, consisting of on-premises visitors, telephone calls and e-mail correspondence.
- Processing of incoming/outgoing mail and coordination of deliveries – accept and distribute internally to the intended recipient.
- Process switchboard telephone enquiries and following up on business communications.
- General administrative duties such as preparation of documents, printing, copying, binding and filing duties (both electronic and paper).
- Record keeping – updating and maintaining records, both electronic and paper based.
- Providing general cross office support to employees and business managers.
- Management of stationery and other sundry materials.
- Undertake waste management and recycling duties.
- Keep up to date with current procedures and practices.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
As Junior Administrator, you should ideally be able to display the following skills and attributes:
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, and an attention to detail.
- Pleasant and confident phone manner.
- Excellent written/typed communications and note keeping.
- Demonstrate initiative.
- Excellent organisation skills, ability to manage time effectively, prioritise workloads to aid productivity and work to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Be flexible, honest, and respectful.
- Ability to input data into systems.
- Excellent IT skills including working within a Windows environment and use of Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt with working in multiple software applications.
- Bring motivation, enthusiasm and positivity to the job.
- GCSE (or equivalent) in core subjects – Maths/English
Non-essential as full training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate will embark on an apprenticeship-style Business and Administration Level 2 Certificate, which incorporates two qualifications: a BTEC Technical Certificate in Business Administration and a Certificate in Business. The one-year course will offer you the opportunity to study a number of business functions including marketing, HR management, business planning, web design and ICT, with an emphasis on business administration. It is delivered through a range of practical assignments, visits and classroom-based sessions. RDM will support you throughout the course – with mentoring and time off for study – and with all future continuing professional development.
In addition, RDM develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
- Competitive salary
- Annual leave
- Company Pension Scheme (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Training and development package
- Long term career progression
RDM Electrical and Mechanical Services was originally set up as RDM Electrical Services Limited in 1988. It is now part of the wider Raven Delta Group – an innovative, high quality, multi-faceted group of companies which also includes EFT Consult and DRS FM Services – providing full building and mechanical services solutions from design through to maintenance.
Our work spans a wide and diverse range of projects, from Grade I listed refurbishments of landmark buildings to multi-million-pound design and builds and work in specialist environments in the defence industry.
Our people are essential in helping us achieve our goals and we are proud to have built a loyal team of over two hundred personnel who share our core values and continuously strive to deliver exceptional outcomes for clients.
What you need to do next
If you're interested and would like to find out more about this role, click the ‘link’ and send us your contact details and one of our team will contact you for a confidential discussion and explain the next steps.
Please note, due to our work in the defence sector, the successful candidate may be required to undertake a security vetting process.